No, unlike University and Association courses, there is no application process to take the Boardsuited Course.
Yes, unlike many existing programs that require current board service, or are only for C-Suite executives, BoardSuited is open to professionals at all levels.
No, there is no membership fee.
Policies on executive education differ. Check with your employer. Click here for a letter you can customize to seek appropriate consideration for reimbursement.
The course is 100 percent online. You will not incur any additional expenses for travel or time off work.
You will have access to the course for a period of six months.
Using the self-assessments, numerous tools and insights from seated Board Members and C-suite executives. You will also learn how to:
- Leverage your career path, network, reputation, and expertise to find the right board for you
- Accelerate your readiness and maximize your credibility to get the attention of nominating and governance committees
- Assess and optimize your board readiness, your network, and your social media presence
- Create your Board CV and Board Bio, Personal Value Statement, and Pitch
- Expand your personal and professional network
- Raise your profile and advance your candidacy by making connections with directors, founders, funders, and elite search firms
- Create a personal road map and chart your course to your first board seat
The Contributors are all seated Board members, Board Committe chairs, C Suite Executives and Subject Matter Experts.
Upon completion of the courses 9 modules you can expect to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of Corporate, Nonprofit and Advisory board members
- Learn the significance of ownership structure and the unique expectations and skill sets that each type of board service requires
- Gain a fundamental understanding of board governance and how it differs from management
- Navigate the legal and regulatory environments affecting board members
- Possess the knowledge of board inner workings and board etiquette
- Learn how to effectively work with and evaluate the CEO
- Examine core areas of financial reporting, risk and oversight challenges
While we don’t recommend it, yes you may access the learning modules in the order you would like.
There are opportunities to participate in Webex's and interact with BoardSuited Contributors and Subject Matter Executives
Although there are knowledge checks throughout the course there are no tests required for issuance of your certificate.
Yes. You may proudly display this certificate in social media and your resume.
Assessments to determine your board readiness, your social media presence, your reputation and brand as well as your personal and professional networks. Tools and templates for writing your board CV, board bio and personal value statement to name a few.
Yes, there is an opportunity to chat online with other learners.
The course typically takes between 15-20 hours to complete. Remember like any education, you get out what you put in, so make sure you utilize all the tools and templates.