Types of data we collect
When you use the Services by, among other actions, subscribing to a video or other product, providing registration details, browsing our site, completing a survey, entering a contest or otherwise interacting with our Services, we gather personal information. Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Several different types of personal information can be gathered when you interact with the Services, depending on the type of product or service being used. Collection of personal information is necessary to delivering you the Services or to enhance your customer experience.
We and our service providers collect various types of personal information, including:
- Contact details – Your name, address, telephone number, email address.
- Financial information – Your bank account number, sort code, credit/debit card details.
- Professional status and history – Employment, education history, title and professional associations.
- Data that identifies you – Your IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation information about where you might be, operating system and version.
- Data from your visit to BoardSuited website and usage of BoardSuited services – We collect information about how you and site visitors interact with our Services, preferences expressed, and settings chosen.
- Data on how you use BoardSuited’s services – Your URL clickstreams (the path you take through our site), products/services viewed, page response times, download errors, how long you stay on our pages, what you do on those pages, how often, outcomes from internal learning assessments and diagnostic data and other actions.
- Learning assessment and diagnostic data – Your responses to surveys and learning assessments.
- Other information – Information obtained after you have registered for BoardSuited services or from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you.
- You can remove certain cookies or turn them off in your browser but this may mean our site is unusable or for example that we can’t recognize you in in-app messaging or we can’t resolve issues so efficiently.
Types of data we don’t collect
- Sensitive data – We don’t collect any “sensitive data” about you (like racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious/philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, health data, data about your sexual life or orientation, and offences or alleged offences) except when we have your specific consent, or when we have to so as to comply with the law.
- Children’s data – BoardSuited is a service directed to and intended for use only by those who are 18 years of age or over. We do not target children at BoardSuited and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from any person under 16 years of age.
How we may use your data
- To provide BoardSuited products and services
- To keep BoardSuited running – We may use your data to manage your requests, login and authentication, remember your settings, process payments, hosting and back-end infrastructure.
- To help us improve BoardSuited’s services – We may use your data to test and develop features, develop safety features, send service/product updates and administrative messages, interact with feedback platforms and questionnaires, manage landing pages, heat mapping our site, traffic optimization and data analysis and research, including profiling and the use of machine learning and other techniques over your data and in some cases using third parties, including our Alliance Affiliates, to do this on our behalf.
- To give personalized customer support – We may use your data to notify you of any changes to our service, solve issues via live chat support, phone or email including any bug fixing.
- To send you marketing messages (but not if you tell us not to) – We and our commonly owned companies affiliates Alta Associates, Inc. and Executive Women’s Forum, Inc. may use your data to send you emails and messages about new features, products and services, promotions, events of BoardSuited and other companies, where permissible, and to process contests, sweepstakes or fulfillment of any related awards.
- To allow vendors, consultants, marketing partners, our Alliance Affiliates, other third-party providers or business associates access to such information to carry out our work on your behalf or who are providing on our behalf services you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us.
- To respond to a request for information by a competent authority if disclosure is in accordance with or otherwise required by law, regulation or legal process.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of BoardSuited or if consistent with BoardSuited’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
- To affect the negotiations of, any merger, sale of BoardSuited’s assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing of your information; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Board Suited will not sell, lease or rent your personal information to third parties, for advertising, marketing, or other use-based data mining purposes.
- Board Suited will comply with your requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the Personal Data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by contacting by email at please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your desire to opt-out. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Board Suited does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
- We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your Personal Data, or to the Policy, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any concerns about your privacy at BoardSuited, please email us at email@example.com.